Friday, April 22, 2011

Comeback

This is what I like to all my sunshine scowl. Angry on the outside, but so happy about the sun in my eyes on the inside. It was also unbelievably windy today. 95% of my photos were pure comedy due to the wind. I also hope you're enjoying the classy hose and rakes in the background.
cardigan: thrifted, Martin & Osa
infinity scarf: Target
belt: Forever 21
maxi dress: Gap
platforms: ancient American Eagle

This dress makes me feel like a bit of a princess when I wear it. It's insanely comfy, yet all the fabric swishing around my legs makes me like I might be headed to prom again.


And oh, these platforms. Another item from high school that I refused to get rid of for some reason. Every time I cleaned my closet for the past 8 years or so I almost tossed them, but for some reason always refused. This is actually their first appearance since about 10th grade. Fun, huh? I remember thinking I was the coolest when I had these paired with my extreme flare jeans.

My hair looks super red today for some reason. The orange cardigan perhaps?

I included this photo from my phone just because I thought it showed the shape of my outfit better than my outside pictures—the wind flying through my dress and cardi make me look kind of lumpy and bulky. I did have to wear flats for work, though—can't go stomping all around the dance studio in platforms!

Happy Friday, everyone!


13 comments:

Heather - Inner cupcake said...

Eee! I'm glad that you were able to get pictures of this one! I love the button details on that cardigan, and may have to try to DIY something comparable.

Liza said...

Your hair does look red! I love all of these photos. I really need to get myself a long skirt. You wear it fabulously!

Louise said...

I want to wear this today. Sigh... just perfectly adorable.

hurricanekerrie said...

This is a new color combo that I'd like to try! It's very pretty! And you're right, the last picture shows off the shape of your outfit and it's fantastic!

Mill. said...

Maxi dress is fantastic! And I love your cardigan<3

Deni said...

great post hun!

ps. I would like to invite you to my first giveaway!

xx
deni

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

I totally feel you, the wind can do strange things to an outfit! But I love how you layered such a vibrant cardigan over your floral maxi. And I think I had the same (or very similar) AE wedges when I was in HS - if only I hadn't tossed them a few years back!!

xo, Ashley

MONKEYFACE said...

Ah yes, the sunshine scowl, I have one of those too haha. You're really making me wish I had an orange cardi Kellie, that color is so warm and versatile!

Lee Oliveira said...

What a great colours combination.
Love the long floral skirt
Lee x

Chelsea Lane said...

love it girl! those shoes totally fit in with the flatform trend going around. what a pretty maxi dress, great photos! :)

xoxo

Collette Osuna said...

I love the orange and the sweet print.....its sooo yuckky and rainy today :(

Brittney said...

i LOVE this! you look super springy fresh. i have some shoes like that, too... as in, from a decade ago that i've clung to for some reason that i'd probably have to hire a therapist to unearth, but in the meantime, i pull them out and wear them happily. you look fab.
-brittney
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com

Cait said...

I love your maxi dress! I agree they are so comfy, I could wear one all the time. Cute styling here and on the Easter post.

http://fashioncuriouscait.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin?